The Institute for Graduate Studies and Research (IGSR) and the Faculty of Technology (FTeW) of the Anton de Kom University of Suriname are organizing a Regional Forum on Renewable Energy Technology
“The enabled environment in the use of Renewable Energy and Renewable Energy Technologies”.
This forum will be hosted from 28-29 September 2017, at the Anton de Kom University of Suriname, in the Staatsoliebuilding (IGSR) at the University Campus.
The objective of this forum is to facilitate the discussion on creating an enabled environment that goes beyond the policies and laws in the use and application of Renewable Energy (RE) and Renewable Energy Technology (RET) for the social and economic development within the Caribbean region by involving the youth, communities, NGO’s, the private and public sector.
The forum has two components:
1) the evaluation of the existing situation of the potentials for RE & RET’s and
2) the formulation of concepts to increase the awareness and thereby the use of RE & RET’s for social and economic development within the Caribbean region by involving the youth, communities, NGO’s, the private and public sectors.
The following thematic subjects or areas will be presented and discussed:
1. RE Management and Technology Education & Training in the Caribbean
2. The Renewable Energy Potentials and its sustainable use
3. The Renewable Energy Technologies applications in the Caribbean
4. Local Social and Economic Development impacts
5. Policy and Regulation on RE’s and RET’s in the Caribbean
6. The Renewable Energy Technologies and the Low-Carbon development strategies
During day 1 the focus will be on the implementation of workshops on “Dynamic financial analysis of energy projects” and “How to establish Power Purchase Agreements (PPA)?”.
Day 2 will be mainly focusing on short presentations from international experts and; panel and group discussions on the different thematic subjects. The forum is open to all interested local, regional and international participants.
To register for the forum, please complete and send the attached application form to the email address:
RE.edu.AdeKUS@gmail.com. All applicants will receive the forum program on September 25, 2017.
For additional information about the forum please contact the Forum Co-Chair Ms. Angelika Namdar.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal Address: Leysweg 86 (University Campus), Paramaribo-
Suriname. Telephone: +597 490900 or +597 491030.